As you build your Indigenous Guardian program, one big question to tackle is how you are going to fund it. You may have secured funding to get some activities started but not enough to fully implement your program plan. Or, you may be starting from scratch.
Regardless of your funding needs, it’s important to clearly articulate and share your vision and priorities. With time and perseverance, you can find the allies and resources you need to do more. Success can come by developing realistic budgets, cultivating relationships, diversifying funding sources, building-in program resilience, managing funds well, and honing your fundraising skills.
Explore this section to learn:
- What a program costs.
- When you need to start thinking about funding.
- How programs are funded across Canada.
- How to build a resilient and long-term program.
- What’s involved in managing program funds.
- How you can be successful at fundraising.