Tips for Being a Good Guardian Crew and Team Member
Tips for Being a Good Guardian Crew and Team MemberDownload
- Bring an open and positive attitude to work and participate actively.
- Communicate openly and with respect.
- Exercise patience with yourself and others.
- Stay calm, manage emotions, and de-escalate tense situations.
- Share your experience and knowledge and listen to and learn from others.
- Communicate questions, concerns, ideas, and observations.
- Identify and communicate what makes you feel motivated, excited, or inspired.
- Know your own as well as your team’s respective roles and responsibilities.
- Help to create and insist on a safe work environment by following safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Be organized and use care when observing, recording, or reporting.
- Know your own as well as your team’s respective skills and strengths.
- Recognize where you feel less confident or in need of more training or experience.
- Be open to learning new things and taking on responsibility.
Special thanks to Nanwakolas Guardians for contributing their ideas and experience to this resource.