Things we are monitoring
- Monitoring water quality during resource extraction
- Timber and non - timber forest products
- Gaining Cabin Building experience
- Utilizing non-merchantable timber
About our program
Apetokosan Nation Economic Development - By recognizing our role as caretakers of Mother Earth and the value of our traditional knowledge, we provide guidance, leadership, and work in partnership with Government and Industry.
- To achieve environmentally sustainable development and biodiversity, so that future generations can live a traditional way of life on our traditional land.
- To engage and work with Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations to Select Harvest dead pine (bug killed) trees, providing firewood for Kelly Lake Metis Community, conversing with trap line holders, utilizing non-merchantable timber, and creating new growth for wildlife.
- To help build housing for Kelly Lake Metis Community and First Nations trap line cabins.