In this section, we are compiling resources that are relevant to Indigenous Guardian programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have resources or information to share, please get it touch with us and we can post it on this page.
Resources on COVID-19
A number of Indigenous organizations and agencies are compiling and sharing relevant resources on responding to the pandemic:
- Coastal First Nations Great Bear Initiative
- First Nations Health Authority
- Indigenous Education Network (University of Toronto)
- Yellowhead Institute
- Indigenous Climate Action
Indigenous Guardian Protocols and Procedures
We are working to gather and share different approaches that Indigenous Nations are adopting for their current approach to Indigenous Guardian work during the pandemic. Stay tuned for additional content.
- Safety protocols for coastal communities and fishermen, which may be useful guidance for some Guardian program, from the TBuck Suzuki Foundation