What are other programs doing to involve their community?
Explore the links and videos below to learn what other programs are doing to involve their community in their Indigenous Guardian program.
Here are some ways that Indigenous Guardian programs are using Facebook to engage with their community:
- Gitanyow Wildlife Strategy
- Innu Guardians – Minashkuat Kanakutuatak and Environment Office
- Thaidene Nene
- Heiltsuk Guardian Watchmen
Here are some examples of newsletters, pamphlets and community reports from various communities and Indigenous Guardian programs:
- Central Coast Indigenous Resource Alliance newsletters
- Kaske Dena Council Newsletter – Wildlife Monitoring and Guardian Activity Update
- Coastal Guardian Watchmen and Coastal Stewardship Network program pamphlet - used to engage resource users and visitors on their territories
- Arctic Borderlands Ecological Society Community Reports
How does your Indigenous Guardian program engage and communicate with your community? Add your experiences or outreach materials to the Toolkit - go to "Contribute a Resource".